Transitional Kindergarten - 8th Grade
Choosing the right school can be critical to your child’s future.
The teaching of Christian values and academic excellence comprise the core of our TK through 8th grade.
Our TK through 8th grade programs include:
- Credentialed teachers in all classes (more than half have Masters Degree)
- Qualified aides in all classes
- Strong academic program with emphasis on math, reading and study skills
- Full day academic kindergarten
- Strong religious / spiritual program
- State-of-the-Art Science Lab and Classroom
- Science program with emphasis on experiments
- State-of-the-Art Computer Lab and Education
Generally, more than 60% of CLS 4th through 8th grade students achieve honor roll grades (3.5 GPA or better).
CHRIST LUTHERAN SCHOOL
311 South Citrus St, West Covina, CA
Our state-of-the-art computer lab is utilized by all students regularly..... In addition, computers are in every classroom.
Outdoor Education 4th - 8th grade
(7th Grade at Yosemite)
P.E. Classes are taught in all grades and after school sports are available to all 5th through 8th graders.
- Instrumental music program
- Field trips and Outdoor Education (4th - 8th grade)
4th - California Time Capsule (Lazy W Ranch & San Juan Capistrano)
5th - Astrocamp (Idllywild)
6th - Catalina Island Marine Institute (Catalina Island)
7th - Yosemite National Park
8th - Washington D.C. and East Coast
- Strong Character Education Program (Character Counts!)
- Accelerated Reading Program (AR)
- PE (all grades) and after school sports (5th - 8th grade)
- Vocal Music Program for Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- Assertive discipline: clear rules, positive reinforcement
- Emphasis on self-respect and self-esteem
- Exciting Summer School program (going into 1st - 8th grade)
- Accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School