CHRIST LUTHERAN SCHOOL
WEST COVINA, CA
Interim Principals Welcome Message
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Christ Lutheran School. Christ Lutheran is a preschool through 8th-grade private Christian school located on a beautiful pastoral campus next to Cortez Park in West Covina, CA. We focus on student attainment of the adopted state standards, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and love and service in the name of Christ. Our mission is to provide an environment where a high expectation for student achievement is facilitated by ensuring that a standards-based curriculum promotes the success of all learners.
Christ Lutheran School has existed as an educational mission of Christ Lutheran Church for over 63 years. A highly qualified teaching staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality Christian education and encourages each student to grow to his or her fullest potential.
We support and encourage a strong partnership between parents and educators. Parents and staff collaborate on various committees to address educational goals. Through this strong partnership, Christ Lutheran School supports the role of the family in the educational process. Our students consistently score, on average, more than two years above grade level on the Stanford Achievement Test (SAT 10).
Spiritually, students are encouraged to live the gospel of Jesus Christ by participating in numerous service projects. All classes attend a weekly Chapel service and receive daily religious instruction. Character education also plays a vital role in the development of our students.
I invite you to visit our campus and schedule a school tour with our admissions department. You will find a warm campus that is both attractive and welcoming.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- There is only one God, but He has revealed Himself as the Father who created us and sustains our lives; as the Son, whose death paid for our sins and whose resurrection accomplished His victory over death and the devil; and as the Holy Spirit, who calls, enlightens, and daily brings us to the forgiveness and new life that the Son has made possible.
- The Bible is God’s inspired Word containing all we need to know for a great life and eternal salvation.
- All mankind is born with rebellion against God and estranged from His love and will. If it were not for the Holy Spirit’s transformation of our hatred to love, rebellion to obedience and purposelessness to a lively hope, all would remain trapped in hostility toward God and alienated from Him forever.
- God loves us and wants us to be his own loving children. This he made possible, not by our virtues, but by His amazing love through Jesus Christ.
- God calls us to a life of goodness and greatness of character. As His child by faith, we have a new family – a fellowship of believers called the Church. In this relationship, love is expressed by caring and sharing with those in need; by faithful participation in worship; by viewing all our time, ability, and money, not as if we owned them, but as a loan from God for the benefit of all God’s wonderful purposes; and by urging the uncommitted to come to terms with God.
- The most important question a person can answer is: “Who do you say Christ is?” The way you answer that question will determine whether you live forever in joy and with God, or forever in grief and regret without God.
Our mission is to provide Christian education by emphasizing quality in academics, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and love and service in the name of Christ. Our goal is to reach the whole child spiritually, academically and physically. Christ Lutheran School recognizes that we are first and foremost a Lutheran educational institution. With that in mind we believe the congregation plays a vital role in supporting the ministry of the school.
With open communication, the congregation and the school benefit each other by utilizing one another’s talents. Together we strive to lead children and their families to know Christ as Lord and Savior by reaching out with God’s Word and inviting families into the membership of Christ Lutheran Church.
In 2003, Christ Lutheran School was recognized as a "National Blue Ribbon School" by the United States Department of Education.
In 2009, CLS received an accreditation from W.A.S.C. (Western Association of Schools and Colleges). In 2015 a 6 year extension was added.
In 2016, Principal Chris Andrade received ELCA's Principal of the Year Award and the prestigious "National Distinguished Principal" award .
All Christ Lutheran teachers are credentialed and more than half have a Masters Degree. They provide a Christian education by emphasizing quality in academics, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and love and service in the name of Christ. They prepare your student for life’s many challenges, and they guide your student towards successful experiences in both academics and peer relationships. Our students receive personal, specialized attention in a nurturing, well-structured learning environment.